l The CavatermTM system is a second-generation endometrial ablation method for
the treatment of Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB ). Cavaterm™ is based on the
Minimal Invasive Treatment (MI T) concept and is a safe, simple and reliable
alternative to other surgical options.
CavatermTM provides a permanent treatment that coagulates all or a significant part
of the endometrium thus eliminating the DUB . The procedure can in most cases be
performed on an outpatient basis thus saving hospitalisation and enabling the patients
to return quickly to their daily routines.
Major advantages with CavatermTM:
• Can be performed under local, spinal or light general anaesthesia
• ۱۰-minute treatment cycle with approximately 20-minute procedure time in total
• U p to 95% of women treated with CavatermTM are satisfied with the treatment
• E nables the patients to return to their daily activities shortly after the treatment
• P ermanent treatment
• No hormonal pre-treatment required